Gather. Grow. Go...
To the Glory of God.

The First Presbyterian Church of Cherryville began with eleven charter members on September 10, 1893.   The first church sanctuary was a small, one-room building erected in 1894.

In 1919, the Waco Presbyterian Church merged with the Cherryville congregation.   The congregation continued to grow and in 1922 the first manse was built.

Sadly, the first church sanctuary was severely damaged in 1925 by a harsh windstorm.   A new sanctuary was built and as the congregation and its needs grew, a church fellowship hall, Sunday School rooms and kitchen were added.

Tragedy struck the congregation again in 1944.   Fire totally destroyed the sanctuary and additions, along with their contents.   The third sanctuary was completed in the spring of 1946.   The congregation worshipped in their new building for the first time on Sunday, April 14, 1946.   The educational building was added in 1957; the fellowship hall, kitchen and classrooms in 1963; and the memorial fountain in 1969.

The physical presence of the First Presbyterian Church, sitting on the corner of Academy and Mulberry Streets, is a testimony of the Christian faith and God given  perseverance of which this congregation has been blessed in the past and in the present.   Since 1893, we have felt the hand of God in this place.   May it always be so.